Friday, May 6, 2011

Spike & Puffy



This is a watercolor painting I did a couple of years ago of my pet birds Spike and Puffy.

They are white faced Cockiteils. Spike is the male and he has the all white face while Puffy the female is dappled in color and her tail feathers are especially dappled.

Spike now looks more like a baby eagle.

They both have very destinct personalities. Spike can saw Hello which he does in the am, when the phone rings and when the door bell goes. Puffy does not speak but can make herself know.

Spike can also whistle "Pop goes the wheasle" which my husband taught him. He will often whisle it to Puffy, your feet or his favorite thing "the Phone book"

My birds are really beauty in my world. They helped me through cancer treatment and are always there for me with a special greeting. Pets are Gods gifts to us, like children they fulfill our lives!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment