Name:
Location: Quispamsis, Canada

I am mainly a watercolor and Pastel artist but I am open to various mediums. I have been painting since 1992. I have travelled alot and have sold works and prints internationally. My works have also won awards. I used to be a member and for a short time president of a local art club however I found the Politics and Personalities interfered too much with my time that could be put into my work. I live on the east coast of Canada and I paint our local beauty as well as the Carribean and the Mediterranean.

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Silver Birches at Fisher Lakes

 This is my most recent painting. It is at Fisher Lakes in Rockwood Park,Saint John ,N.B. about a twenty minute drive from my home. It was done with a limited palate. I used miskit   to save the trees while I painted in the sky and the background. On the other side of this painting I tried to negative paint and leave the white,but it was painful and very unsuccessful. I did have a problem with my masking though as the blue colored miskit I used remained a bit tacky and was not easily removed when the time came to paint the trees. The leaves were done with gold leaf flakes. I had previously done a painting this way that sold right away. Hopefully this one will as well.
  Currently I  am also working on another Portrait of an elderly man for a Christmas gift.(Commission).

6 Comments:

Blogger Gregory said...

I'm impressed! The leaves sparkle and put me in the scene {: I'm lucky i found your blog.

December 21, 2013 at 12:47 PM  
Blogger Jocelyn T. Bichard said...

Thanks,Gregory!

December 28, 2013 at 3:28 PM  
Blogger Dion McTavish said...

I really love this one. Now I'm going to check out your other pieces.

January 18, 2014 at 4:32 PM  
Blogger Jocelyn T. Bichard said...

Thanks,Dion!

April 1, 2014 at 2:05 PM  
Blogger victoria eugenia canela said...

Preciosas pinturas. Mis felicitaciones.

June 10, 2014 at 11:00 AM  
Blogger Jocelyn T. Bichard said...

Thank You!

December 19, 2014 at 6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home